Thursday, December 1, 2011

From Ps 21 - Trusting in the Saving Power of Lord Yahweh

From Psalm 21 by David
O Lord Yahweh, I am so happy and satisfied in Your strength,
And I am ecstatic about Your power to deliver me from my enemies –
Devious enemies like fear, sin, pride, the flesh and the devil!
For You have given me my heart's desire,
That I would know Your Son Jesus, and the power of His resurrection,
And the fellowship of His sufferings.
This, You have given to me.
You lead me along with blessings of good things right in front of me – all the time.
You always lead me in Your triumph in Christ,
And manifest the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place.
You set a crown of twenty-four karat gold on my head.
I asked You to give me life, and You did – the eternal life;
A good, long satisfying life that stretches on forever;
A life completely satisfied in You.
In Christ You have overcome and defeated my enemies,
And this is what has made me great.
You have eliminated my foes,
And it has resulted in a glorious river of abundant life for me.
A wealth of joy and honor and esteem You have placed upon me.
For You continually make me the most blessed man on earth.
You make me joyful with gladness because I am in Your presence.
For I trust in You, Lord Yahweh.
And through Your lovingkindness I will not be shaken.
For I am watching to see how You will search out and eliminate all Your enemies:
How You will overthrow fear,
Destroy sin,
Bring pride low,
Crucify the flesh,
And defeat the devil.
In Your anger You will burn them up like shredded paper in an incinerator.
You will consume them in Your wrath,
And fire will devour them.
You will not rest until every trace of them is destroyed from the earth,
And every manifestation of their presence is eliminated from the population.
Though they intend evil against You
And devise and connive plots to overthrow Your authority.
They will not succeed.
You will overcome them.
For You will make them turn their backs and flee in terror.
You will aim your deadly arrows with Your bowstrings at their faces.
Let everyone stand in awe, Lord Yahweh, in Your mighty strength;
And let the whole earth sing and praise Your saving power over Your enemies.
O Lord Yahweh, I am so happy and satisfied in Your strength,
And I am ecstatic about Your saving power!

No comments:

Post a Comment