Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Father’s Care and Concern for Me - from Ps 139


O Lord Yahweh, my heavenly Father, 
I am amazed at Your focused attention,
And Your care and concern for tiny me!

The first thing that amazes me is
That You have carefully studied little and insignificant me
And You intimately know me through and through.
You are keenly aware of everything I do –
When I plop down in a chair in my living room,
When I get up and go to the fridge,
When I'm pulling weeds in my garden
Or when I pick up a paperclip off the floor.

You also see everything I think and understand my every motive,
Even though You are in distant heaven and I am a speck of dust on lonely earth.
My entire life and heart is open and laid bare before you,
Whether I’m talking, working, resting or asleep. 
Even before I talk, You can predict what’s going to come out of my mouth.
You know me better than I know myself!

Father, the second thing that amazes me about your care and concern for me is
That not only do You intimately know everything about me,
But You have constructed a protective fence all around me
So that I cannot stray off from You.
You have Your hand on me in every step I take to keep me from stumbling.
When I think about your amazing care and concern for little me, it blows my mind! 
It’s too much for me to wrap my brain around.   
And if I were even going to try wander away from Your watching eye (God forbid!),
Where could I possibly go where You would lose track of me?
Or to where could I travel that I would not still be in Your presence? 
No matter where I am, ever in the furthest reaches of the universe, You are there;

If I were in the deepest, darkest depths of the earth, You would be there.
If I were to head for the furthest horizon,  
Or make my home in the Mariana Trench at the bottom of the Pacific,
Even there Your faithful presence would be with me and Your hand would still lead me,
And Your strong hands would hold me and protect me.
For example, sometimes I get into these awful situations,
And I turn into a coward and say to myself,
"It is so bad and black that I am going get swallowed up.
I am going to die in this dark fog!   
And all my bright and happy days will turn into bleakness and misery,"
But this is no problem for you;
Even the darkest of my darkness is not dark from Your perspective,
And when its night and blackness and I’m lost and confused,
It’s all clear to you. 
It’s like noontime on a cloudless day at the beach to You. 
It doesn’t matter what happens;
Whether it’s dark or light to You.
Nothing can separate me from You.
Nothing can cause me to lose Your presence.
This is all so amazing! 

The third thing that is so amazing about Your care and concern for me is
That You are not only always with me,
But You personally hand crafted me!
You individually made all of my inward parts;
You wove me and put me together in my mother's womb.
Thank You, Father, for I am awesomely and wonderfully made;
Everything You made is so wonderful,
And it is so obvious that it was You who made me!
None of this dice and monkey stuff. 
It thrills my heart when I think about it.   
Even though I was hand crafted where nobody could see me,
My little body was not hidden from You,
As You skillfully made formed me in my mother’s womb,
Like a hidden seedling growing in the soil where no one can see it.
Your eyes looked upon me when was just a tiny unformed embryo
And even at that time all the days that You had planned for me
Were written out in Your book 
Before even one of them had come to pass.

Lastly, Your care and concern for me is so amazing in that
You would even think about little me!
How precious also are Your thoughts about me, O God!
Not only this, but all Your thoughts are precious, Father.
How vast is the sum of them!
If I tried to count them, they would outnumber the sand.
I can’t believe that You think about me!

All of these things thrill me so much!

So Father, as soon as I wake up in the morning,
I want to come and be with You for another day.
I want to walk with You and abide in You all the time.   

O Father, Your care and concern for me overwhelms me.
How could I ever do anything to displease or offend You?
Please, put me under Your microscope, O God, and look at my heart;
Sift me and know my every thought;
And check me out to see if there be anything in me that brings You sadness,  
And lead me in the way that pleases you;
The way of eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment