Thursday, January 12, 2012

Who Can Describe Lord Yahweh? - From Ps 145 by David

Lord Yahweh, my God and King!
I’m going to use every word I know to lift You up, to celebrate You and to honor You,
And I will not stop talking about how awesome You are.
My thesaurus will run out of words before we start to describe a hint of who You are,
And ten thousand days of praise will not begin an illustration of Your being.
I will continually look for ways to bless and adore Your Name.
Every day I will pour out acclamations and tell of Your astonishing wonders,
Your amazing creations, the wisdom of Your word, how You justify the ungodly.
And I will utter non-stop worship of Your holy and majestic Name forever and ever.
You are boundless and infinite, immense and indescribable.
Your thoughts are beyond understanding.
Nothing is too difficult or impossible for You.
You deserve our unceasing and immeasurable praise.   
But how can I produce praise worthy of You? 
How can I describe the indescribable?
And Your glory and honor and prominence and renown are unfathomable.
The ends of Your being are unsearchable;
You are limitless and eternal.  
The older generation will praise Your awe-inspiring works to the next,
And the younger generation shall announce Your grandeur and eminence to the older.
And they all will declare the amazing and mighty things that You have done.
I constantly ponder and meditate on the glorious and dazzling splendor of Your breathtaking majesty,
And on Your wonderful and incredible creations, I will unceasingly meditate.
Everybody will continually speak of the power of Your awesome and magnificent acts,
And I myself will testify of Your greatness.
They shall eagerly share the memories of Your abundant goodness,
And will hoot and shout joyfully when they hear the stories of Your righteousness.
You are a flood of graciousness and an ocean of mercy;
Amazingly slow to anger and immense in lovingkindness.
You are abundantly good and kind to all, even Your enemies,
And Your unceasing mercies are over everything You have made.   

All Your creation shall give thanks to You, O Lord Yahweh,
Every sparrow, every porpoise, every earthworm.
And Your godly ones shall bless You,
Every person that loves You.
They shall pronounce the unparalleled grandeur of Your eternal kingdom,
And declare Your unequalled power; 
To broadcast to people everywhere the mighty things that You have done. 
And the glory of the majesty of Your realm.
Your kingdom is an everlasting dynasty,
And Your dominion endures throughout all generations.
You rescue and sustain all who fall
And lift up all who are bent over and stumbling under their heavy burdens.
The eyes of all Your creation look to You,
And You give each creature its food at the right time. 
You freely open Your hand
And satisfy the desire of every living thing.
You are always right in everything You do,
And immensely kind in every action.
You are personal and near to all who cry out to You,
To all who call upon You in truth.
You will pour out pleasures and delights on Your children,
And fulfill the desires of those who fear You;
You will also hear their cry and will save them out of their troubles.
You watch over, keep and protect every person that loves You,
But all the independent, wicked people You will absolutely obliterate.
I might run out of new words,
And my most profound prose may fail to adequately portray Your person,
But My mouth will not stop speaking of Your glorious attributes,
And every living thing will bless Your holy name forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment