Wednesday, August 4, 2010

From Ps 34 - Taste and See the Goodness of the Lord Yahweh (From Ps 34)

I’m going to talk about the Lord Yahweh all the time.
I’m going to tell everybody how good He is, and about His kindness and compassion.
I’m going to praise him non-stop my whole day everywhere I go.
It doesn’t matter where I’m at, I’m going to talk about Him—at home, at the office, at the store, at meals, at parties, at meetings, in the car, in the bed, on the bus—it doesn’t matter – I’m going to be talking about Him all the time.
And when there’s nobody else to talk to, I’ll talk with Him and tell Him how wonderful He is, or start talking to myself about Him!

I’m simply not going to stop talking about how great He is and what He has done.
Now proud folks and “educated” people might roll their eyes when they hear me,
They might get tired of listening to me talk about Him all the time;
But the humble and lowly people that love him will get excited when they hear me talking about the great I AM and how amazing He is.
And I want not only myself, but I want everybody to be talking about how awesome the Lord Yahweh is,
I want Him and His name to get greater and more glorious on the earth.
I want every person to think that He is as awesome as I do.
And I want more and more people talking about Him.
I want to hear newscasters talking about Him.
I want to see the President giving thanks to Him.
I want to watch sports giants tell how great He is.
I want to find people in the grocery store testifying to His power.
I want the earth filled with people giving glory to King Yahweh!
Let me give you some examples of the kinds of things that I want everybody to be talking about -
Awesome things that He has done:
First, I have to tell you that I have been in many a hard place,
Sometimes eyeball deep in danger,
Sometimes surrounded by trouble,
Sometimes overwhelmed by problems and conflicts,
Stressing out and scared to death,
And every time, without fail, He answered me and delivered me from everything I was afraid of.
Then the second thing that comes to mind is how the lowly, the brokenhearted, the humble, and the dejected look to Him.
They rely on Him constantly because they are such needy people;

And when He responds and meet their needs, their faces light up with joy.
They trust Him and He is faithful to them so that they are not embarrassed and ashamed to call Him their Father.
Also, there have been many times when I have been a poor man crying out to Him.
And every time Yahweh heard me,
And every time He saved me out of all my troubles.
There’s another thing He does that’s worth talking about,
And that’s how He sends his angels to camp out and watch out for the ones who fear and obey Him,
He sends His heavenly bodyguards to be continually present with them,
And to rescue them from anything that comes along: adversaries, enemies, problems—it doesn’t matter, He will save them anything that comes along..
Wow!

I guess what I’m saying is this:
Trust the Lord Yahweh, rely on him and you will find out how good He really is!
I’m telling you, He will bless anybody who comes to him for safety and refuge.
So, fear him, obey him, trust him, follow him,
You, his children and and His holy people.
If you fear and obey him, you will never lack anything.
I’ve seen even lion cubs (which ought to be the most well-fed and comfortable offspring in the animal kingdom) that are cold, hungry and suffering
But anyone who seeks King Yahweh will never be without any good thing.

Come on, people, and listen to me!
(Like I said, I just can’t stop talking about him.)
Come, gather around, have a seat and I will teach you the fear of Lord Yahweh
And I will show you how to obey him.
Ready? Sit right here.
Are you craving a real and fulfilling life?
Do you want your years to be a continuous string of joy filled days?
Do you want to see good from your time on earth?
Well, then, find yourself a front row seat and let me tell you how!

First, start with what you talk about.
Grab hold of that tongue of yours and don’t let go of it.

Don’t let it say bad things or lies.
Stop griping, complaining, cursing, backbiting, slandering and grumbling.
The second thing is, depart from anything bad that you are doing,
Anything doubtful that bothers your conscience,
No matter how small or insignificant it seems.
Next, stop being “cool” and “bad” and start looking for good things to do.

Then, learn to be a peacemaker –
Make peace with your enemies, and help your friends and family get along.
Stop being a jerk, and do whatever it takes to resolve your conflicts.
Ask forgiveness when you wrong others or offend them.

Start there and you will find that King Yahweh can’t wait to help you;
He is waiting to smile on you with his favor and blessing.
He will hear you and respond to you when you cry out to him.
He will come down from heaven to save you when you call his name.
By contrast, He opposes those who practice evil,

And He blows them away like dust
And wipes out anything they do like sandcastles in a hurricane.

He undermines their schemes so that they are just wasting their time.
However, those who love the Lord Yahweh cry out to him and He hears them,
And He delivers them from all their troubles.
Did you hear that? All their troubles.
Yahweh gets closely involved and intimate with the lowly and broken hearted.
He gives special attention and saves those whose spirits are depressed and crushed.

So let’s get to the bottom line.
Let’s get the whole picture.
The reality is that if you seek righteousness and follow the Lord Yahweh and fear Him,
You are going to sail in rough waters.
You are going to have a pile of problems and tons of troubles,
But He will rescue you out of all of them.

He keeps and protects the righteous against harm,
But sends evil and ruin on the wicked.
Those who hate and oppose the righteous will be punished by Him.
But He redeems and rescues the souls of his followers,
And nobody who trusts him and takes refuge in him will receive anything but his favor.

This is what I want to tell everybody all the time everywhere I go:
Trust in Yahweh, obey Him, and He will deliver you out of all your troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment